Dr.Jart+ Bounce BB!

Thursday, March 27, 2014


Hey all, recently I posted a review regarding Dr. Jart's Ctrl+A BB Cream and how great it was for me. I now have the privilege to review another one of their newest products, which is the Dr.Jart+ Bounce Beauty Balm!

The concept of their new Beauty Balm is a "bouncing formula" such that you'll feel elasticity with your fingertips. As with most of its BBs, it evens skin tone and covers blemishes, whilst this version takes care of dryness as well as rough skin texture. It has brightening, Anti-wrinkle and UV protection as SPF 30/PA++.




I was afraid to use this at first because of the word "moisturising" which I feared would cause me breakouts. Thankfully it was quite gentle on my skin and it just moisturised at the right amount, not too shiny, but glowy afterwards! Another thing about it is that it seems to just sit on top of your face in the beginning, but same as my beloved Ctrl+A, it blends well into your skin after a while, making it look flawless.

Price. It will be launched today, 27th of March at all Guardian stores at a promotional price of $34.90. I find that quite cheap given the quality of Dr.Jart+ products.

Availability. As mentioned before, Dr Jart+ is available at Guardian stores:

  • Takashimaya
  • Bedok Mall
  • Parkway Parade
SASA stores:
  • Nex
  • Jurong point
  • Tampines One
  • Wisma
  • Holland Village
  • Vivo city
  • Causeway point
  • Plaza Singapura
  • Lot 1


Fragrance. Another thing that I absolutely love about it is that it doesn't have any strong fragrance and smells fresh and clean, so I don't need to worry that it will irritate my sensitive skin.

Design. Unlike their other BBs that are available in squeezable tube bottles that are to be applied by hands, this BB comes in compact yet liquid form, together with a rubbery textured sponge for easy retouching throughout the day. But girls, let me remind you to always clean the applicator, the same way that you must always clean your makeup brushes! Failure to do so will lead to bacteria build up!
I also like their packaging which is very clean and almost clinical, similar to the way that their products are fuss free and focused more on skin care rather than just makeup features.


Texture/Consistency. It looks a bit thick at first glance and because you don't feel it with your fingertips when you apply it, you'd think that it's very creamy but it's not. It is in reality quite light and the applicator ensures that you don't put too much of it. 

Colour. I find that it's not as white as the Ctrl+A, but it blends very well and it's the exact same colour as my skin (which is fair), so when I apply it it looks very natural.



All my photos here are only edited with brightness and contrast. If you look closely, you'll see that it does cover up most blemishes, but a teeny bit of acne scars will show upon first application. Doesn't matter though since it looks smooth and clear overall! This is more for people who like their makeup really natural. What it does is corrects and evens out your skin tone and makes it look more supple and seemingly elastic.


Again, for those of you who find knowing the ingredients very important!

It's a very good BB Cream for those who don't like heavy coverage and want their skin feeling smooth and plump throughout the day.

So how does it look like and fare on my skin?


I can see you scrolling up and down comparing my before makeup and after makeup photos. Haha! Anyway, continue: (following photos were taken from my phone, btw, thus the difference from the first two above)







Apart from this, Dr.Jart+ will be celebrating its 10th year anniversary! So together with the Bounce BB, they will be releasing the Radiance Beauty Balm and Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm this mid-april so do watch out for them!

Also, do you like free samples? All you need to do is like their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DrJartSpore and show this to their counters at Guardian Ngee Ann City from Thursday to Sunday and you get free samples! I also got a lot from the Ctrl+A range, which apparently is not just a BB!



The moisturiser is very light and I tried the Drying Spot Corrector, which did actually help to heal my extracted pimple.

I now really am a fan of Dr. Jart+ and quite thankful for discovering it! Surely going to try their other products since it really works well!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review! I recently saw this pop up on Sephora.com but it hasn't become available yet and I'm dying to try it but was hesitant due to the color for light to medium skin tones being to0 dark as I have fair skin but it looks fantastic on you! I'm so glad I found your review! I love Dr. Jart and currently use the V7 beauty balm and it is amazing! Refreshing and the perfect color. I've also used the Water Fuse BB and the premium. :) - Lacy (lsheetz10@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lacy, I'm glad you found this review useful! I, too, have fair skin and it IS not as light coloured as my other BBs but I still find it okay because it does blend really well afterwards! The coverage is a lot more lightweight than, say, their Ctrl+A BB so this is more for my daily/not full makeup use :) anyway, I'm happy to see another Dr.Jart+ lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am interested in the bounce beauty balm. It looks really good you! I was wondering if causes white face with flash photography since it has SPF.

    ReplyDelete