たまや (Tamaya Dining + First dinner date with TBM!)

Friday, November 8, 2013

The following was when Alene, Gwen and I decided to meet for dinner and have Jap food; it was also the first time they introduced me to their new idea-- which has materialized already if you can see from my previous post!

The choice of place was up to me since I was the first to arrive.. which was probably a bad choice. Haha! Firstly, it is an Izakaya, which is a place for after-work drinking, and we had no intentions of drinking at all, and I think it wasn't also a good place for three girls to just gossip. Secondly, it was quite expensive! I mean, the food is okay but not exceptional, so I consider it expensive at around $50+/pax for the amount of food that we ordered (which is very little, as you will see from photos below).


What caught my attention was how traditional the place looked, and to see almost all Japanese clients really made me think that it was good.

The appetizer was really nice, it was pork in some kind of vinegar sauce (sorry i forgot to ask what it was called!)
It says Osake but really it's just like soda, like no alcohol content at all.
California Rolls
Sushi tasted okay, but nothing really exceptional.

The salmon was very fresh, although, we were surprised that it wasn't cold.

I must admit that this was really good! The beef was really very soft, with that almost melt-in-your-mouth feeling. 
Some yakitori because I was still hungry. LOL
Lovely girls!

Wouldn't actually recommend the place unless you're out for drinking and chilling with your buddies, as it's quite expensive and the food is average.

No comments:

Post a Comment