Smile...not.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Since this is my only outlet for writing, let me rant for a bit.

I'm a self confessed weirdo, and one of my pecularities is that I smile a lot. I mean really a lot, I never knew it bothered people until my previous chinese landlord told me that in their culture (not sure if it's true or he just made it up), they see people like me who always smile as those who have something hidden up their sleeve, something evil that they cover up with their grins. I left their house a few weeks after that. I was seriously offended with what he said and apart from that he always locked the door from the inside even though i already texted him that I will be late due to overtime work. Well anyway, I really mean no harm when I smile. It's more natural for me, and it eases the tension when I'm stressed or in a new environment when I don't know anyone. But recently I've been thinking, maybe I shouldn't smile so often. As they say, too much of something is bad, and this seemingly happy persona of mine has made me susceptible to bullies--often being interpreted as an eager desire to please. So maybe, I should smile less. Heck, maybe I should go emo, too.

I don't like reading negative posts as much as you do, but I'm really bitter that people can actually turn something so positive into something so wrong and negative. Seriously, what is the world coming to?

No comments:

Post a Comment